Skip to main content

Ideas on Self-esteem feedback for your teenage boys

 


Things could be hurting over time for your teenage boy and you may never know. Anyone who has different sex children reports feeling at a loss in navigating the differences when it comes to teenage years.

It is true that there is a crisis in masculinity for teenage boys. They are expected to be sensitive, but not the group p***y. They are expected to be persistent but not overbearing. Caring but not needy. The language used by teenagers blurs these things and words that don’t suit a person’s characteristics are banded about and may have more sticking power than they should do.

If we model empathy and sincerity, we have a greater chance of our boys feeling comfortable displaying these qualities. You could express things that your teenager may not have considered about themselves but when said rings true for them.

Below is a list of words that have nothing to do with image or how someone looks and everything to do with inner qualities. When you notice one of these qualities being displayed you could share that with your teenage boy. It takes a bit of noticing, and can only be used when you genuinely feel they have displayed that quality and that you value it in the moment.



When you do this though, leave time before you say ‘have you brushed your teeth’ or ‘please bring your washing down’, it needs time to be processed and resonate with internal experience for it to stay within.

I also think the tip with boys is to keep it fun and laugh. Distract, laugh at yourself and smile when they enter the room. When your teenage son is speaking it is important you stop what you are doing and have eye contact. The facial expression, tone and speech pauses will give you an idea of how he is feeling. Try to figure out the central emotional theme in the story, paraphrase, and ask specific questions.

I did say to a friend the other day. It is a job when we never know if we are getting it right. But remember

Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted.

Garrison Keillor

Other useful blogs of interest re teenage boys can be found here

https://helenharveycounselling.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-first-thing-you-can-do-right-now-to.html

 

https://helenharveycounselling.blogspot.com/2019/09/do-you-have-boy-who-loves-youtuberead.html

 

Other useful resources for raising boys are

https://www.maggiedent.com/common-concerns/raising-boys/

https://www.stevebiddulph.com/Site_1/Home.html

Comments

  1. Great web site you have got here.. It’s hard to find quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!
    Buy Instagram Likes
    Buy Instagram Views
    Buy Instagram Followers
    Buy Instagram Likes
    Buy Instagram Followers
    Buy Instagram Views
    Buy Instagram Likes
    Buy Instagram Followers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m just upset that I have been in pain and crying for so long and many times. Thank you voodoospelltemple80@gmail.com I wished I would have found you earlier, you would have saved me from a lot of pain for the past five years my ex lover left me for another woman in just 2 days i contacted you Dr BEN you brought my broken relationship back I spent a small fortune enough to take my dream trip to South Carolina but what’s the point in taking a dream trip without the love of my life. Dr BEN has given me hope and his honesty is a breath of fresh air, I feel so good and heavy happiness in my heart to get my ex lover back. Who I thought he was gone forever. We are married now as I share my testimony with you. If you have broken relationship or broken marriage or you want to get your ex lover back kindly contact: voodoospelltemple80@gmail.com or Whatsapp him +2347044745704

      Delete
  2. Individuals who anxiety counselor that reaches the reality that it really is disturbing their enjoyment of life are located those in our midst who employ a powerful ability to employ what is known as anxiety counselor, coordinated with a self-perpetuating mechanism for avoidance and anxiety. Visit our site https://safehavencounseling.live/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this article. I think You put a great deal of exertion to make this article

    Buy Instagram Followers Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted." Agree with this!

    Kim
    Christian Counseling Services
    Christian Counseling Arizona

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend said he was tired of our relationship and needed a breakup, he started avoiding me, His attitude was killing me slowly so I did research on the internet seeking help. There I saw testimonies of how lord Bubuza helped reunite couples with his spell and how he gave lottery winning numbers to people and helped them win a lottery so I immediately sent him a text: +1 984 240 7211 seeking help. He responded. He promised to help me get my boyfriend back with his spell, I did as he instructed and he casted the spell. It was like a dream because 16 hours after the spell was casted my boyfriend came back begging me on his knees to forgive and accept him back. I am so excited and now I believe Lord Bubuza is a God on Earth. Are you heart broken? Do you need help to win a lottery ? Contact Lord Bubuza via WhatsApp: +1 984 240 7211 or email: lordbubuzamiraclework@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My relationship was like hell, We fought almost everyday because of my boyfriend's cheating Habit, We have a child together but his cheating habit was breaking our relationship. I was emotionally heartbroken knowing that my boyfriend was cheating on me, my friend felt my pain and told me how Lord Bubuza used his spell to restore her broken relationship. I spoke to lord Bubuza for help on Text: +1-507-400-0072 and he said my boyfriend will come back begging on his knees after casting his spell, I did as he instructed and 16 hours after casting the spell my boyfriend came back crying and begging me on his knees to forgive him, lord Bubuza spell was so fast and active. He has stopped cheating and I am so safe with him now. Do you need help to win your ex back? Contact lord Bubuza via Text/call: +1-507-400-0072 or e-mail: lordbubuzamiraclework@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was an amazing blog, for our better understanding about the respective topic.
    Well honestly speaking this article is Pretty good moreover, I have really enjoyed reading your article. FAKE UK DRIVING LICENCE ,I will also take the advantage to ask for your permission to join our TELEGRAM GROUP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m just upset that I have been in pain and crying for so long and many times. Thank you voodoospelltemple80@gmail.com I wished I would have found you earlier, you would have saved me from a lot of pain for the past five years my ex lover left me for another woman in just 2 days i contacted you Dr BEN you brought my broken relationship back I spent a small fortune enough to take my dream trip to South Carolina but what’s the point in taking a dream trip without the love of my life. Dr BEN has given me hope and his honesty is a breath of fresh air, I feel so good and heavy happiness in my heart to get my ex lover back. Who I thought he was gone forever. We are married now as I share my testimony with you. If you have broken relationship or broken marriage or you want to get your ex lover back kindly contact: voodoospelltemple80@gmail.com or Whatsapp him +2347044745704

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog offers invaluable insights into nurturing teenage boys' self-esteem, crucial for their emotional growth. With practical advice and thoughtful suggestions, it empowers parents to foster confidence and resilience in their sons. A must-read for anyone navigating the complex terrain of adolescent development. Heavenly Counseling

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Anxiety lesson 6 – Expression of feelings, those pesky things!!

Photo by Morgan Basham on Unsplash Anxiety lesson 6 – Expression of feelings Its not uncommon for people with anxiety disorders to withhold their true feelings. There are many reasons for this, one common one is the need to be in control and a fear of losing it. When feelings have been denied over time, anxiety can start to manifest. I wrote about this briefly in Anxiety lesson 1 potential causes https://helenharveycounselling.blogspot.com/2017/10/anxiety-learning-potential-causes.html Because people with anxiety/phobic tendency tend to be emotionally reactive and have very strong feelings, the expression of them is even more important for their emotional well-being. When I did my degree in Person Centred Therapy, it was a requirement that you checked in with yourself and others in the morning, also a portion of the day was dedicated to personal development. Again, this is a discipline that requires practice, to notice and name feelings and the memories/events that a

Mental Health - How do we become resilient, this blog has some answers

As a PODS trained trauma therapist, I have worked with people who have experienced the worst that life has to offer in terms of family relationships and traumatic life events. These clients have functioned well to some extent, they have coped, they have kept going. If we are to try and pick resilience apart, learn the aspects that we can practice in everyday life then these clients have something to teach us. Resilience involves three measurable elements 1)       An adversity has occurred – traumatic experience or stressful event 2)       Evidence of healthy functioning must be present after the adversity 3)       The mechanisms a person employs to avoid the distress or recover from it Health is not measured by an absence of pathology, it is important that assessment of well-being in addition to symptoms is undertaken to treat people holistically. What do I mean by this? does the GP or the school or the CAMHS assessor think about all these facets separately? Res

Mumsnet

mumsnet